Family & Community Engagement Office (FACE)
- The department of Family and Community Engagement has been integrated into the Bruce Randolph School community over the last 3 years. By developing partnerships with corporate and nonprofit organizations, Bruce Randolph has increased math and literacy scores, as well as developed college and career readiness opportunities for students. With the inclusion of the Denver Public Schools Urban Education Corps, AmeriCorps members have aided the increase in attendance amongst students in the middle and high school. Family and Community Engagement is a proud contributor to the student and families of the Daddy Bruce community.
- Bruce Randolph School has been working with cityWILD since 2005. Our students have benefited from the after-school programming and summer expeditions provided by this organization. Specifically, there has been positive impacts on students in youth development, substance abuse and prevention, general healthy behaviors, and academic performance. Additionally, students have had the opportunity to engage in recreational outdoor leadership programs, which has further enhanced the experiences of our young people.
Metro State University
- Denver Public Schools confirms its willingness to join the partnership for the proposed 21st Century Community Learning Center grant led by the Center for Urban Education, Metropolitan State University of Denver. Through this out-of-school partnership, Bruce Randolph School administrators, teachers and community partners will collaboratively work with the staff at the Center for Urban Education at Metropolitan State University of Denver, university faculty and students to provide out-of-school programs that are aligned with our school’s goals to prepare and guide our students, with their parents’ support, to achieve high school graduation, and success in college and careers.
- Y Achievers, an after-school program that exposes students of color and underserved teens to diverse career and college opportunities, is offered at Bruce Randolph School. The Y also provides various programs for adults including ESL, computer, and fitness instruction. Funding for program support and enhancement is critical for the long-term success of Y programs and to improve the outreach to those who youth and families who need these services.
- El Sistema Colorado changes the trajectory of Denver youth through the joyful, daily pursuit of musical excellence. Inspired by the Venezuelan social-change movement, we instill teamwork, self-confidence, and social responsibility through an intensive, free music program. Our ensembles are comprised of youth who are growing in skill and personal investment which improves school engagement, leadership development, and understanding of a strong community. Cadenza, our program at Bruce Randolph School, is a full orchestra and chorus for middle and high school musicians.